Fractures and Broken Bone Specialist in Boston
At St. Elizabeth’s, our dedicated Boston orthopedic trauma team, led by trauma surgeon Dr. Hans Van Lancker, specializes in emergency orthopedic and fracture care. We treat work-related injuries, high-energy sports injuries, fall-related injuries and bone fractures.
Compassionate patient care is our priority. Individualized treatment plans are created to meet the needs of the patient and their family. A partner in research and collaboration with the Harvard Orthopedic Trauma Initiative, the orthopedic trauma team at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center is continually participating in groundbreaking clinical and scientific research to improve the quality of care that our patients receive.
Our orthopedic trauma team excels at treating:
- Broken bones, including femur fracture, humerus fracture, elbow fracture, hand fracture, hip fracture, rib fracture and wrist fracture
- Acute or chronic fracture care
- Fractures that don’t heal
- Fractures that have healed improperly
- Pain from previous hardware
- Arthritis from previous trauma
- Bone infections
We offer a wide range of treatment options, including reconstructive surgery, minimally invasive percutaneous fracture surgery, as well as Mako® robotic-arm assisted surgery.