St. Elizabeth’s Emergency Department, staffed by board-certified emergency physicians and specially trained nursing and support staff, cares for more than 30,000 patients a year.
St. Elizabeth's 24-Hour Emergency Room
St Elizabeth’s offers patients some of Boston’s most advanced imaging, including the city’s only 256-slice CT scanner to provide more accurate diagnosis of a variety of medical ailments.
Services Provided by St. Elizabeth's Emergency Department
- Adult, OB-GYN, pediatric and psychiatric emergency medical services
- In-house consultants for all medical and surgical specialties
- Immediate access to critical hospital services such as diagnostics and imaging, allowing for expedited evaluation and treatment
- Coordinated care throughout the spectrum of medical specialties resulting in comprehensive medical care
- Patient-centered care that honors privacy and the patient and family’s right to participate in care
- Expedited triage, bedside registration, and 32 treatment rooms to reduce wait time
- 24-hour access to emergency cardiac catheterization and the Stroke Center