Robotic-assisted surgery options can result in less pain, faster recovery times, and a quicker return to work and everyday activities. Robotic surgeons use state-of-the-art systems designed to help perform a more precise, less invasive procedure. Compared to traditional surgery, minimally invasive techniques can offer numerous potential benefits for most patients.
Benefits of robotic-assisted surgery can include:
- Faster recovery and shorter hospital stay
- Fewer stitches and less scarring
- Lower risk of complications and infections
- Less blood loss and the need for transfusions
- Quicker return to normal activities
At St. Elizabeth's, we offer a robust robotic surgery program and use robotic-assisted surgery for the treatment of gynecological conditions, lung cancer, as well as several cardiac conditions. Urologic robotic surgeries are performed to treat kidney disorders, and prostate, kidney and bladder cancers.
Learn more about our robotic surgery programs: