Inpatient Adult Behavioral Health Services
Inpatient (5West): 617-789-2127
Inpatient (7West): 617-789-3247
Adult Psychiatry Partial Hospitalization Program
Outpatient Behavioral Health Services
Geriatric Psychiatry Inpatient Program at Carney Hospital
2100 Dorchester Ave.
Dorchester, MA 02124
With a dedicated teaching mission including a robust residency program, St. Elizabeth’s is provides high-level of care, access and service to our patients.
Our behavioral health services include:
- Inpatient Adult Behavioral Health Services
- Secure, 31-bed adult psychiatric unit. The focus of patient treatment is on diagnostic assessment, reduction of acute symptoms, and development of an aftercare plan.
- Structured environment with daily programming and a multidisciplinary team, including a psychiatrist, nurses, social workers, activity therapists, physical and occupational therapists, and mental health professionals.
- Outpatient Behavioral Health Services
- Individual, couples, group, and family counseling to individuals over the age of 18
- Elder services
- Medication management
- Adult Psychiatry Partial Hospitalization Program
- Intensive, psycho-therapeutic support for patients who do not require inpatient care. The program is open Monday through Friday and patients attend from 9:15 a.m. -3:15 p.m. The average length of stay is between five to ten days. Suitable candidates for this program are individuals who are generally capable of living independently, but are temporarily struggling with some specific, disabling problem or concern. Some of the conditions treated include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Anxiety disorder
- Bipolar or other mood disorder
- Geriatric Psychiatric Unit at Carney Hospital
- Secure, 15-bed geriatric psychiatric unit located at Carney Hospital in Dorchester.
- Russian American Behavioral Health Program
- With a dedicated Russian-speaking provider, supported by a multidisciplinary team, including a psychiatrist, nurses, social workers, activity therapists, physical and occupational therapists, and mental health professionals.