With special expertise in cosmetic, hand and breast surgery, they are internationally known for treating every patient with skill, artistry, and compassion.
Among the most prolific plastic surgeons in Massachusetts, they perform:
- Cosmetic surgery for the body, face, neck and breasts
- Post-mastectomy breast reconstruction
- Treatment of gynecomastia (enlarged male breasts)
- Advanced reconstructive procedures for adults with cancer, heart disease, post-traumatic injury, congenital birth defects and other conditions
- Hand surgery
Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, St. Elizabeth’s plastic surgeons serve on the faculties of the University of Massachusetts and Tufts University Schools of Medicine, where they publish research and teach medical students, surgical residents, and plastic surgery fellows. They are active in regional, national and international plastic surgery societies.
In addition to their work at St. Elizabeth’s, these caring plastic surgeons travel as volunteers to the developing world, providing surgery for children with facial deformities or other birth defects. hey also speak to students and other groups regarding steroid and drug use.
At St. Elizabeth’s, Dr. Stephen Pap, a plastic surgeon with specialty training in hand and microsurgery, is available to diagnose and treat the most intricate of hand injuries. With compassion and caring, he seeks to diminish pain, improve function, and prevent the incapacitation that may be caused by accidents, overuse, disease, or congenital problems.
Hand conditions regularly treated at St. Elizabeth’s include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Congenital malformations
- deQuervain’s tendonitis
- Ganglion cysts
- Trigger finger (stenosing tenosynovitis)
St. Elizabeth’s superbly trained plastic surgeons work with patients who travel from as far away as Europe and Asia for treatment designed to enhance nearly any area of the body. These caring specialists meet with patients for as long as it takes to assess and discuss individuals’ needs in order to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Surgical and nonsurgical procedures performed at St. Elizabeth’s include:
- Abdominal contouring (tummy tuck)
- Body contouring
- Arm lift
- Thigh lift
- Scar revision
Face and Neck
- Face lift
- Brow lift
- Eyelid tucks
- Neck enhancement
- Nose reshaping
- Facial implants
- Hair transplants – micro and mini grafts
- Laser procedures – wrinkle removal, vein removal and hair removal
- Lip enhancement
- Microdermabrasion treatments such as Obaji and alphahydroxy peels
- Wrinkle treatments such as injections, peels, medications and fat transfers
- Breast augmentation
- Breast lifts
- Breast reduction (both men and women)
- Breast reconstruction
Services are carried out in state-of-the-art facilities on St. Elizabeth’s Boston campus. Convenient valet and garage parking are available for patients and guests.