736 Cambridge St.
Brighton, MA 02135
At St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, our maternal-fetal medicine specialists (high-risk obstetrics) are experts at caring for women with high-risk pregnancies. For a pregnant woman with chronic health problems, our specialists work to keep her as healthy as possible while her body changes and her baby grows. We also care for women who face unexpected problems that develop during pregnancy, such as premature labor, bleeding, or high blood pressure.
Helping women through challenging pregnancies is our maternal-fetal medicine specialists' top priority and they provide the most advanced level of specialized medical care and services.
Services and treatment methods include:
- Management of medical and obstetrical complications
- Maternal intensive care, including management of severe maternal medical disease, such as previous organ transplantation, lupus, cardiac disease, hypertension, or severe diabetes
- Management of multiple gestation, anomalies, intrauterine growth retardation, premature labor and delivery, previous Cesarean section, and pregnancies achieved through assisted reproductive technology
- History of mid-trimester loss, cervical incompetence and DES exposure
- Fetal blood transfusions
- Fetal therapy, including medical and surgical interventions of fetal abnormalities
In addition, St. Elizabeth's offers some of the regions most advanced prenatal diagnosis, screenings and treatments, including:
- Alpha-fetoprotein screening
- Biophysical profiles
- Doppler flow studies
- Genetic counseling
- Non-invasive screening, including PAPPA-A and NT
- Non-stress testing
- Percutaneous umbilical blood sampling (PUBS)
- Targeted (Level II) ultrasound
- Telemedicine services