Anesthesiology Salaries and Benefits
Salaries and Benefits
The salaries of the resident staff at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center are comparable to those provided at other hospitals in the Boston area.
Adequate professional liability insurance is provided to all residents at no personal cost, as is term life and disability insurance. Health insurance for residents and their families is available at nominal employee cost. Residents receive three weeks of vacation a year.
Direct-deposit paychecks, supplemental life insurance, a tax-sheltered savings plan and discount entertainment coupons are available from the hospital.
The Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer.
The department provides textbooks selected by the teaching faculty for the first-year residents. In past years, these books included Morgan and Mikahil’s "Clinical Anesthesiology,” Chestnut’s "Obstetric Anesthesia," and Barash’s “Clinical Anesthesia.“ Prior to the cardiac anesthesia rotation, residents will be provided with Hensley's "Practical Approach to Cardiac Anesthesia." Online teaching platforms are provided as well, including Anesthesial Toolbox, TrueLearn, and Learnly.
Other benefits include:
- American Society of Anesthesiologists annual dues
- Massachusetts Society of Anesthesiologists annual dues
- Subsidized meals while on call
- Costs for presenting at national meetings such as the ASA or ASRA, up to $1500
- Medical Missions to Ecuador, China, Haiti (does not count toward vacation days)
- D’Souza Board Review Course
- Simulation Experiences
- ACLS / BLS
- Board (ITE) Score Incentives
- IPADs, for use with our Electronic Medical record (EMR)
- Applicant Dinners
- Annual Graduation Dinners
- Breakfast during Anesthesia Rounds
- Stocked Anesthesia Kitchen
- Parking at all rotations away from St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center
- Honorariums for monthly guest lecturers