Center for Advanced Cardiac Surgery
Top-ranked surgeons at the Center for Advanced Cardiac Surgery perform some of the region’s most state-of-the-art cardiac surgeries available, offering high-quality, advanced treatment options ranging from complex cardiac surgeries to minimally invasive procedures to robotic-assisted procedures. Each surgical procedure is tailored to the individual patient with a specially trained cardiac surgery team working together to provide comprehensive care before, during, and after surgery.
St. Elizabeth's Steward Center for Advanced Cardiac Surgery holds a number of quality distinctions and awards, scoring competitively with surrounding Boston hospitals for quality measures in overall recommended care, overall heart attack care, overall heart failure care, and overall surgical care. Honors include:
- One of Healthgrades America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery™ for 2 Years in a Row (2018-2019)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Center of Distinction for Cardiac Care
- High Performing Hospital in Heart Bypass Surgery from U.S. News & World Report (2018-2019)
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2014
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Cardiac Services for 3 Years in a Row (2013-2015)
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiology Services for 3 Years in a Row (2013-2015)
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures for 3 Years in a Row (2013-2015)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for 5 Years in a Row (2011-2015)
Conditions & Treatments
In The News
Read the latest news articles about the Steward Center for Advanced Cardiac Surgery. Learn about our advancements, and get to know our doctors and their achievements.
Many patients who come to the Steward Center for Advanced Cardiac Surgery have a story to share about their care, recovery, and success after surgery or other treatments.
Arvind K. Agnihotri, MD
Cardiac Surgery, Robotic Surgery
Ara Ketchedjian, MD
Stanley Tam, MD
Divakar Mandapati, MD