Interventional Vascular Lab & Non-invasive Vascular Lab
Interventional Vascular Lab
The state-of-the-art Interventional Peripheral Vascular Lab at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center is staffed by specially trained vascular medicine physicians, registered nurses, and technicians who use interventional- and revascularization-based techniques to treat various forms of vascular disease without surgery. These techniques cause less discomfort and reduce recovery times for our patients when compared to open surgical revascularization. Our interventional vascular medicine group perform more than 500 interventional vascular procedures each year.
The interventional peripheral vascular procedures performed at our lab include:
- Catheter-based embolectomy/thrombectomy/thrombolysis
- Catheter-based revascularization
- Balloon angioplasty
- Drug coated balloon
- Endovascular catheter-based stent grafting (EVAR) for abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Endovenous laser therapy (EVLT) for symptomatic varicose vein therapy
- Large bore catheter thrombectomy (Vortex) for large volume central vein thrombosis (IVC) or clots in transit with pulmonary emboli (PE)
- Pedal entry/pedal loop revascularization/reconstruction for patients with limb gangrene or limbs at risk that have no other vascular procedure options
- Stab phlebectomy/sclerotherapy for symptomatic spider vein therapy
Non-invasive Peripheral Vascular Lab
St. Elizabeth’s Non-invasive Peripheral Vascular Lab is accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC). The IAC offers accreditation for each of the testing areas that a vascular laboratory performs, including cerebrovascular, peripheral arterial, peripheral venous and visceral vascular testing. The non-invasive laboratory, located within the offices of the Vascular Medicine Center, is convenient for patient care.
Our Non-Invasive Peripheral Vascular Lab provides state-of-the-art, non-invasive methods and technologies for the evaluation and management of both arterial and venous vascular disease. Our board-certified vascular medicine physicians, along with our highly trained technologists work together to diagnose conditions prior to developing an individualized patient treatment plan.
Non-invasive vascular tests we provide include:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm assessment with ultrasound
- Bypass graft evaluation and peripheral arterial duplex scanning
- Carotid artery disease assessments
- Lower extremity physiologic testing
- Renal artery and intestinal artery duplex scanning