As part of St. Elizabeth’s integrated cardiac program, our onsite, state-of-the-art catheterization lab is staffed by specially trained physicians, registered nurses, and technicians who use catheter-based techniques to quickly and accurately diagnose and treat various forms of heart disease without surgery. In addition, our arrhythmia and electrophysiology (EP) services provides the latest diagnostic assessment, and medical and surgical treatments for patients with arrhythmia.
Led by Joseph Patrick Carrozza, Jr., MD, chief of cardiovascular medicine, our physicians are experts at performing transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), which is a less invasive procedure that provides better outcomes for our older patients, especially for those who have other chronic conditions.
Our programs include:
Center for Heart Failure Treatment
The St. Elizabeth’s Center for Heart Failure Treatment is among the leading treatment centers in the New England region. The Center has been recognized as:
- the recipient of the 2016 Get With The Guidelines®-Heart Failure Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology Foundation’s secondary prevention guidelines for patients with heart failure;
- a U.S. News & World Report “best hospitals” for 2016-2017 in the Boston Metro area for our treatment of chronic heart failure (CHF);
- regional center for the IV “Lasix Spa” which is a dedicated clinic to help patients manage unneeded fluid retention and salt to promote better heart function; and,
- one of new England’s busiest centers for CardioMEMS HF: an implantable, wireless monitoring sensor for outpatients with heart failure. The CardioMEMS HF System is the first and only FDA-approved heart failure monitoring device proven to significantly reduce hospital admissions for heart failure and improve quality of life for advanced heart failure patients. Learn more about CardioMEMS here.
The Center for Heart Failure Treatment supports educational efforts of the Heart Failure Society of America. Learn more about heart failure by watching this educational video.
Cardiac Conditions We Treat
- Atrial Arrhythmia, including treatment of Refractory Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Patent Foramen Ovale and Atrial Septal Defects
- Ventricular Arrhythmias (Ventricular Fibrillation and Ventricular Tachycardia)
- Aortic Valve Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Mitral Valve Disease