The Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Clinic at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
The Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Clinic at St. Elizabeth’s offers the latest innovative non-surgical treatment for orthopedic problems caused by a variety of conditions ranging from sports-related injuries to chronic overuse. The clinic features ultrasound-guided diagnosis and minimally invasive treatments for injuries of bone, muscle, tendons, ligaments, and joints.
What is Musculoskeletal Ultrasound?
Ultrasound provides real-time images to help diagnose and treat injuries while being safe, painless, and free from radiation exposure. It can help you avoid invasive surgery and other expensive imaging, while also offering faster recovery time and return to activity.
How Can the Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Clinic Help?
In-office ultrasound diagnosis and therapy can address issues such as:
- Acute injury, pain and swelling
- Sports-related overuse injuries
- Tendonitis or tendinopathy, bursitis
- Tennis elbow, golfer elbow
- Rotator cuff injuries, calcific tendonitis
- Hip labral tears and impingement
- Knee meniscal tears and ligament injury
- Ankle sprains, Achilles tendon injuries
Treatment options include but are not limited to:
- Cortisone Injection
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Treatment
- Tenotomy Procedure
- Nerve Block
Jennifer Luz, MD
Sports Medicine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation