This class is taught by a Registered Nurse and Lactation Specialist to prepare you for breastfeeding your newborn. It is a valuable opportunity to discuss initiating breastfeeding, various feeding positions, skin-to-skin contact, and ensuring a successful latch. The course also includes a short video to demonstrate latching your baby during breastfeeding. *This class includes a folder of course materials.
- The health benefits for both mothers and babies from breastfeeding
- The Anatomy and Physiology of breastfeeding
- How our bodies make milk
- The I's and Out's for Poops and Pees of a breastfed baby
- The first hour of life after delivery
- Skin to skin contact with your baby after delivery and beyond
- Initiating and sustaining a successful latch
- Positioning your baby during breastfeeding
- Pumping and safe storage of breast milk
- When to bottle feed or supplement for your baby
Each class is $60 for you and one support person. Please contact Boston NAPS for more information or to register at www.bostonnaps.com.
This class is offered on:
1/22/18: 7:30-9 p.m.
2/21/18: 7:30 - 9 p.m.
3/5/18: 7:30 - 9 p.m.
4/3/18: 7:30 - 9 p.m.
5/8/18: 7:30 - 9 p.m.
6/12/18: 7:30 - 9 p.m.