736 Cambridge Street, Brighton, MA 02135 617-789-3000
St. Elizabeth’s provides personalized diagnosis and treatment for patients with all types of hormonal disorders, combining the expertise of an academic medical center with the compassionate care for which this hospital is known.
Our Diabetes Center has been recognized by the American Diabetes Association for offering an outstanding self-management program.
St. Elizabeth’s endocrinologists, all board-certified faculty members of the Tufts University School of Medicine, are expert at treating conditions including: diabetes and thyroid disease; bone disorders such as osteoporosis, osteomalacia, Paget’s and other metabolic bone diseases; and disorders of the adrenal, pituitary and reproductive glands.
Our endocrinology team collaborates closely with patients, families, referring physicians and other St. Elizabeth’s medical specialists in providing consultation and state-of-the-art disease management for both inpatients and outpatients.
Three centers, all located on our conveniently located Boston campus, offer the latest diagnostic, counseling and treatment services.
- Individualized nutritional and educational counseling
- Group education classes
- Diabetes support group
- Insulin pump initiation and glucose sensor assessment
- Specialized counseling for patients with gestational diabetes, lipid disorders, hypertension or chronic kidney disease
Bone Health Center
- Bone health counseling for patients with osteoporosis and other metabolic bone diseases
- State-of-the art bone mineral density assessment using sophisticated dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) technology
- Learn more about bone density testing at St. Elizabeth's
Center for Thyroid Disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of thyroid disease
- Specialty in diagnosing and treating thyroid nodules
- High-resolution ultrasound/fine needle aspiration of thyroid nodules
St. Elizabeth’s endocrinologists conduct clinical research on adrenal disorders, osteoporosis and Type 2 diabetes. They publish frequently in medical journals, present at medical conferences, and provide medical education for students, interns and residents.
St. Elizabeth's Medical Center